Sunday, January 3, 2016

Easy Quinoa Salad Recipe - Vegan Turtle


Hi folks,

I'm very excited to share my favorite recipe for quinoa salad!  This salad is fresh, has great flavor, and makes you feel fantastic!  Here is the list of ingredients:

1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed

2 medium tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
2 or 3 green onions, chopped
1/3 to 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped

1/2 cup olive oil
~ 1/4 cup lime juice
~ 1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl and then chill in the fridge.

I find it very easy to cook the quinoa in a rice cooker using 1 1/2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa.  For the veggies, the amounts I have listed are a starting point, and I often add more or less depending on what I have and how I'm feeling.  I always add A LOT of cilantro because I love it, so I would suggest adding the cilantro to taste if it isn't your favorite.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!  Please, don't forget to watch the video and subscribe to the youtube channel.  More coming soon!

Thanks!

-VeganTurtle

No comments:

Post a Comment